Trump people put their practical concerns above their moral ones. To them, it doesn’t make a difference if he’s a pussy-grabber, or if his campaign team colluded with Russia to help him defeat his political opponent. Trump supporters distaste for the establishment and democrats is a symbolic middle finger directed at Washington, and above all, the fundamental principles and guaranteed precedents upholding the Constitution of the United States of America.
The loyalty of Trump supporters is explained by America’s addiction to entertainment and reality TV. It doesn’t matter what Trump actually says because he’s so amusing to watch. With Trump, you’re always left wondering what outrageous thing he is going do or say next. He keeps us on the edge of our seat, and for that reason, Trump supporters forgive anything he says. They’re happy as long as they are kept entertained.
Trump exacerbates collective narcissism with his anti-immigrant, anti-elitist, and vigorous nationalistic rhetoric. By referring to his supporters, overwhelmingly white, as being “true patriots” or “real Americans,” he promotes a brand of populism which is the epitome of “identity politics,” a term associated with the political left. Left-wing identity politics, as misguided as they may sometimes be, are generally aimed at achieving equality, while the right-wing brand is based on a belief that one nationality or race is superior or entitled to success and wealth for no other reason than identity.
Then there’s the Terror Management Theory which predicts when people are reminded of their own mortality, which happens with Trump’s fear mongering, they more strongly defend those who share their worldviews and national or ethnic identity, acting out more aggressively towards those who do not.
By constantly emphasizing existential threat, Trump has created a psychological condition making their brains respond positively rather than negatively to bigoted statements and divisive rhetoric, so not only do death reminders increase nationalism, they influence voting habits in favor of more conservative presidential candidates.
The Republican party, going as far back to Richard Nixon’s “southern strategy,” has historically used tactics appealing to bigotry by lacing speeches with “dog whistles” i.e. code words signaling prejudice toward minorities and designed to be heard by racists. While the dog whistles of the past were subtler, Trump’s signaling is shockingly direct. There’s no denying he routinely appeals to racist and bigoted supporters when he calls Muslims “dangerous” and Mexican’s “rapists” and “murderers,” in a blanketed fashion. Perhaps unsurprisingly, a recent study has shown support for Trump is correlated with a standard scale of modern racism.
So, I must ask Trump Supporters, do you like: Wage disparity, voter intimidation, housing discrimination, limited educational opportunities? FOR ANYONE SUPPORTING TRUMP the following is just a small sampling of 100 damages Trump and his administration have caused the nation.
Do you also like:
1. Massive cuts in aid, diplomacy, and health to prevent, detect, and respond to infectious disease outbreaks around the world, including Zika and Ebola?
2. Cutting energy programs saving people money?
3. Allowing dangerous pesticides to stay on the market, despite it being a threat to people’s health?
4. Eliminating pollution standards for power plants and oil and gas facilities?
5. Cutting EPA programs to clean up water sources?
6. Eliminating programs at the EPA dedicated to preventing exposure to lead-based paint?
7. Rolling back protections for drinking water in coal communities by nixing the Stream Protection Rule preventing coal companies from polluting nearby streams?
8. Raising housing payments for new homebuyers by approximately $500?
9. Attacking the Department of Labor’s fiduciary rulemaking it harder to save for retirement, as high fees from conflicted advice result in savers losing $17 billion in fees annually?
10. Failing to defend the pro-worker rule to raise wages for workers by $12 billion over the next 10 years and extending overtime protections to 4.2 million more Americans?
11. Repealing the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order, ensuring federal contractors complied with worker protection laws before receiving government contracts?
12. Trump trying to cut his own taxes by millions of dollars while taking health insurance from tens of millions of Americans?
13. Making it harder for veterans to find jobs with a federal hiring freeze?
14. Budget cuts devastating rural America by eliminating affordable housing for tens of thousands of struggling rural families; eliminate community service jobs for 18,000 senior citizens living in rural areas; and eliminating critical support for airline connections serving 175 small and rural communities?
15. Undermining American jobs and security by ceding global leadership to Beijing?
16. Slashing job training programs and worker wage and safety enforcement resulting for 2.7 million adults and youths losing access to job training and employment services.?
17. Eliminating the Community Development Block Grant used by 1,265 local communities for important initiatives such as Meals on Wheels, neighborhood rehabilitation, the development of affordable housing for 200,000 families who will no longer receive a housing voucher to pay rental costs eventually facing homelessness, job training, and business?
18. Supporting economic policies detrimental to communities of color?
19. Increasing in civilian deaths from U.S. military operations?
20. Cutting Pell Grants and tuition assistance programs as well as cuts to after-school programs that would affect 1 in 4 African American students?
21. Eradicating programs dedicated to reducing exposure to lead paint, which disproportionately affects communities of color. The EPA is also cutting funding for the environmental justice office that had just been set up to specifically deal with lead, pollution, and other issues facing communities of color?
22. Turning a blind eye to illegal anti-transgender discrimination in schools?
23. Erasing LGBTQ people from federal surveys, making it impossible to know if government programs serve them fairly?
24. Appointing longtime opponents of LGBTQ rights—including members of anti-LGBTQ hate groups—to key administration positions?
25. Slashing funding for research to cure HIV/AIDS?
26. Barring refugees and asylum seekers fleeing anti-LGBTQ persecution from protection in the United States?
27. Anti-Muslim bigotry of the Trump administration making every American less safe by helping IS and other terrorist groups recruit followers?
28. Undermining investor protection by making it harder for the Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, to hold Wall Street accountable?
29. Slashing funding for the WIC program putting basic food security at risk for thousands of families?
30. Repealing anti-bribery rule eliminating an anti-corruption rule requiring oil and gas companies to disclose payments to foreign governments?
31. Ripping off American taxpayers to avoid fixing the broken federal coal-leasing program by preserving a loophole allowing coal companies to sell coal mined on federal lands to their own subsidiaries at artificially low prices and shirk royalty payment responsibilities?
32. Major cuts to the Department of the Interior’s budget which would impair critical maintenance of our national parks?
33. Declaring open season on baby bears and wolves in wildlife refuges?
34. Weakening EPA air quality standards allowing greater ozone pollution?
35. Trump’s executive order nullifying cutting carbon pollution?
36. Stopping rules limiting dumping toxins from power plants?
37. Lowering standards protecting water and wildlife from lead poisoning?
38. Trump’s budget cuts to the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program causing 5.7 million low-income residents to lose assistance with their heating and cooling assistance?
39. Trump and his family promoting private business interests at home and abroad while profiting off of the presidency?
40. Undermining transparency and accountability by continuing to hide his tax returns and withholding White House visitor logs?
41. Signing two Muslim and refugee bans, both of which have been enjoined by federal courts?
42. Rescinding immigrant a deportation priority, regardless of equities?
43. Making immigrant survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault afraid to turn to law enforcement for help?
44. Having multiple recipients of DACA arrested?
45. Threatening to take away critical community safety funding from so-called sanctuary jurisdictions?
46. Targeting legal immigrants and scaring them away from accessing benefits and necessary health care which both they and their children are eligible?
47. Attempting to redefine religious liberty only for those who share a conservative Christian faith?
48. Inserting religious exemptions in federal nondiscrimination protections?
49. Repealing ACA causing significant stress and anxiety for millions of families who rely on it for coverage resulting in 24 million more people being uninsured in 10 years breaking Trump’s promise to cover “everybody”?
50. Stripping Title X funding providing critical reproductive, educational, and counseling services related to family planning and contraception to 4 million clients a year?
51. Trump’s $50 million reductions in funding for the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program?
52. Defunding Planned Parenthood, which serves 2.5 million patients annually?
53. Proposed deep cuts to programs helping make college more accessible and affordable for low-income and students of color?
54. Rescinding protections for student loan borrowers and critical resources for financial aid and loan repayment?
55. Appointing for-profit college highly unqualified, anti-public-school Betsy DeVos as secretary of education and cutting $9 billion from public education while spending $1.4 billion on school choice?
56. Undercutting students’ civil rights by naming skeptics to top civil rights positions?
57. Completely eliminating federal funding for after-school programs?
58. Pressuring the Senate to enact the “nuclear option” to get his Supreme Court nominee confirmed?
59. Undermining the legitimacy of the court system by attacking judges whose rulings he doesn’t like?
60. Nominating ideological extremists to federal courts?
61. Eliminating Legal Services for 60.6 million low-income citizens?
62. Supporting outdated and ineffective criminal justice reforms that have a disproportionate impact on communities of color?
63. Supporting Private prisons creating a perverse incentive to incarcerate more people who are motivated to increase profit?
64. 375000 acres protected land while stripping protections from 13.5 million acres of American lands and waters?
65. 483,000 manufacturing jobs had been added during Trump’s presidency. As of the most recent data, from August, 237,000 manufacturing jobs had been lost under Trump?
66. Adding 1.5 trillion dollars to the national debt to give tax breaks to billionaires?
67. Impeached twice for high crimes and misdemeanors?
68. In debt to the tune of 450 million dollars to China and other countries?
69. Making America the laughing stock of the world?
70. A self-admitted sexual predator?
71. Ripping innocent children from their parents and put them in cages?
72. Peace with the Palestinians in the Middle East impossible?
73. Abandoned Iran nuclear treaty so that they don’t have to allow inspectors in?
74. Paying porn-stars with campaign funds?
75. Reneging on treaties?
76. Losing all credibility in the diplomatic world?
77. Abandoning the short-range missile treaty with Russia?
78. Gutting the Consumer Protection Agency?
79. Destroying net neutrality?
80. Giving thousands of Acres of National Park land for drilling?
81. 249, 000 people dead due to negligence and silence during the pandemic?
82. Believing bombing wives and family members of terrorists “would be impressive”?
83. Pardoning war criminals will make him popular with the military?
84. Threatening to sabotage America’s insurance markets as a means of coercing Democrats into voting for his plan to finance a large tax cut for the rich by throwing millions off of Medicaid, jeopardizing health-care access for millions of low-income people?
85. Refusing to turn over documents to first national security adviser’s financial relationships with foreign governments?
86. Having daughter meet with a Chinese president the same day her company won trademarks from the Chinese government?
87. Praising cable-news anchors who have been fired for serial sexual harassment?
88. Giving adult child/ren an office in the White House and a security clearance while keeping said child/ren immune from conflict-of-interest laws?
89. Demanding the passage of a health-care bill that he, himself, admitted would hurt his own supporters?
90. Failing to staff nearly 2,000 vacant Executive branch positions?
91. Prioritizing dirty domestic energy sources over clean ones?
92. Holding nuclear strategy session in the public dining room of a Florida resort?
93. Allowing a president’s personal company to leverage the cachet of his election into a massive expansion of its empire?
94. Radically reduce American funding to the United Nations?
95. Replacing the White House website’s page on climate change with a vow to drill for oil on federal lands?
96. Defaming civil-rights movement heroes in a series of racist tweets?
97. Repeatedly denigrated America’s intelligence agencies, then leaked plans to downsize them?
98. Reviving a nuclear arms race?
99. Disparaging a sitting American president, while praising a hostile foreign autocrat?
100. Using Twitter as a tool for souring diplomatic relations with China, the world’s second-greatest power and antagonizing them for no good reason?
What do you think of:
Grabbing women “by the pussy” and referring to them as “pieces of ass” while claiming “women with small busts are not attractive”. “Women, you have to treat them like shit”. Calling multiple women “very unattractive person, both inside and out”, Slut-shaming Angelina Jolie, he would have ‘nailed’ Princess Diana. Telling a lawyer, she was “disgusting” for pumping breast milk. What about his remark about Megyn Kelly having “blood coming out of her wherever” or about female reporters “It doesn’t really matter what (they) write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass”, Maxine Waters having a low-IQ individual and Omarosa Newman is a “crazed, crying lowlife dog”, Ruth Bader Ginsburg “incompetent judge”, “Has embarrassed all by making very dumb political statements about me” “Her mind is shot”, Elizabeth Warren is a “fake Pocahontas” “Goofy” Mocking Dr. Christine Blasey Ford for being sexually assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh, Stormy Daniels “Horseface”, Alicia Machado: “Miss Piggy”. AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE THE MOST DISGUSTING COMMENT OF ALL “Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father… If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps, I would be dating her?”
How do you feel about Trump insulting men?
Jeff Sessions “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner” “Mr. Magoo”. . . . “He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.” calling CNN’s Don Lemon “Dumbest Man on Television” “Sour Lemon”, FBI Agent Peter Strzok “is a fraud”, Christopher Steele a “lowlife”, Todd Brassner, a longtime resident at Trump Tower who died in an April fire in his apartment, a “Crazy Jew”. Matt Bai “dummy”, Steve Bannon “Sloppy Steve”, James Comey “Slimeball”, Justin Trudeau “leader of the igloo people”, John Dean a “Rat”, Gavin Newsome “How about this clown in California who’s running for governor?” Draft-dodger Trump avoided the Vietnam War with 5 suspect deferments had the audacity to claim John McCain, who spent more than five years as a prisoner of the North Vietnamese “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.” “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral”, and he became furious, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. “What the fuck are we doing that for? Guy was a fucking loser.” Joe Biden “Crazy Joe” “Sleep Joe” “trying to act like a tough guy” “Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically” lol and yet Biden IS the PRESIDENT-ELECT.
How do you like Donald Trump’s long history of racism?
Repeatedly making explicitly racist and bigoted remarks, calling Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists, ‘Let’s shoot migrants! I want an electric wall! A snake and alligator filled moat!’, “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.” Proposing a ban on all Muslims entering the US, suggesting a judge should recuse himself from a case solely because of the judge’s Mexican heritage. Stereotyping a Black reporters, pandering to White Supremacists, making jokes about the Trail of Tears, saying Native American reservations operating casinos shouldn’t be allowed because “they don’t look like Indians to me” and running a series of ads suggesting the tribe had a “record of criminal activity [that] is well documented.” Calling Coronavirus, the “Chinese Virus” and “Kung Flu”, racist terms tapping into the kind of highly offensive xenophobic he loves to spew. Refusing to rent to Black tenants, ordering black employees off the casino floor, taking out a full-page ad in the NY Times to “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY for the “Central Park Five” despite the DNA evidence proving they were not the culprits. I don’t want Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Publicly pitching The Apprentice: White People vs. Black People. Trump’s history of encouraging hate groups and violence. Applauding White Supremacists who endorse him and telling them they’re “some very fine people” Telling Black voters “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58% of your youth is unemployed. Repeatedly attacking NFL players who kneel or silently protest during the national anthem they’re unpatriotic ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out. He’s fired”. Haitians “all have AIDS” and “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib are “from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and that they should “go back” to those countries and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.” Kamala Harris, “doesn’t meet the requirements” to be Joe Biden’s running mate, an example of birtherism. To White middle American Homemaker “The ‘suburban housewife’ will be voting for me. They want safety & are thrilled that I ended the long running program where low-income housing would invade their neighborhood” … I could go on about Trump’s racism but I think you get the point.
And lest we forget Trump’s incendiary and derogatory comments about other countries, the NFL, Civil Rights Protestors and Veterans: “Africa is made up of shithole countries”, “Puerto Ricans want everything to be done for them”, “Mexicans, they’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists”. “Muslims are terrorists”, “Syrian refugees are ISIS-affiliated, diversity lottery immigrants and are the worst of the worst”. Kneeling NFL Players are “sons of bitches”, “Germany is a total mess”, “Black people kill White people in large numbers”, “White Supremacist are very fine people”, “15,000 Haitians immigrants “all have AIDS.” “Forty-thousand Nigerians “would never go back to their huts”, “If soldiers were ‘real patriots,’ they wouldn’t take a pay raise, and lest we forget insulting “Gold Star Families”? Trump’s pattern” of disrespect towards the U.S. military by repeatedly disparaging the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades. Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018 “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed. Attempts to block a Pentagon plan to cut military healthcare by $2.2 billion. He hasn’t addressed the organizational problems at Fort Hood. Five more Fort Hood soldiers died after Guillén even though he promised “We didn’t want this swept under the rug. They’re doing a very strong investigation. We’ll get to the bottom of it.”. Proposed cuts to more than 340,000 veterans could lose access to critical employment services that help boost wages and 400,000 veterans on average could lose access to critical nutrition assistance each year if the cut proposed in Trump’s budget were applied directly to participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Trump wants to add more red tape making it harder for veterans with disabilities to access the benefits they earned while serving in the military. Trump’s agenda threatens to make veterans’ housing insecurity even worse by targeting rental assistance programs for cuts. Trump’s reckless campaign promise to build a wall on the southern border has taken billions of dollars of taxpayer funds Congress appropriated for sorely needed military construction projects including schools, training ranges and medical facilities and other priorities to replace old fencing along the border. Shooting Civil Rights Protestors”
Kristeen Irigoyen-Hernandez Human Rights Advocate, Researcher/Chronological Archivist and member in good standing with the Constitution First Amendment Press Association (CFAPA.org) Kristeen Irigoyen-Hernandez aka Lady2Soothe Follow @OurVoicesEcho